- To understand how 64kbps used for voice communication and time slots.
- How TDM switches use different signaling methods.
- What is the need of VoIP and its benefits
- Different tools to troubleshoot the problem in switching network.
Duration: 2 weeks – (3 hrs/day) – Instructor led training.
Eligibility: B.E /M.E /M.Sc in ECE/EEE/EIE/CSE/IT & students in final years can also join.
Pre requisites: Should have strong knowledge in Telecom fundamentals.
- Fundamentals of voice telephony
- TDM and circuit switching in basic ,mobile and long distance networks
- Intelligent Networks
- Tele traffic engineering
- Voice over IP
- Advantages of VOIP over circuit switching
- VOIP systems-Overview
- Voice encoding and bandwidth
- H.323 protocol
- Signaling Requirements, and basics of SS7
- SS7 Functions, Architecture and the Message Transfer Part
- Call Control and the ISDN User Part
- Non Circuit-Related Signaling
- INAP, MAP and CAP SS7 Protocols
- SS7 over IP
Practical/Hands-on : Vestel has its own TDM &IP switch in the lab for testing and study.
- Use of TDM /VoIP switches to understand 64kbps and IP call flow.
- Different call routing methods like LCR in VoIP switches
- Use of wire shark to troubleshoot
- Compression of voice calls vs quality test.
At the end of Course:
Candidate will be able to understand circuit switching and signaling used in telecom networks. Candidate will be able to configure VOIP switch and troubleshoot.