- The course covers the basics of 3G networks, the technologies involved, the architecture and the protocols involved.
- The participants will become familiar with the features of the UMTS standard and why and how it evolved.
Instructor led training , Conducted on regular and fast track program. Contact us.
What you gain?
After completing this course, the participant will understand to :
- Identify the difference between GSM/GPRS and UMTS
- Identify UMTS network elements and their functions
- Describe UMTS Service Delivery call flows
Degree/Diploma holders from ECE /EEE /CS/IT/E&I with working /basic knowledge in GSM /IP communication.
Who should attend?
Technical professionals who are working in GSM /RF/Transmission/core networks or an Individuals who are new to the 3G industry and desire a general level understanding of 3G networks.
- Telecom industries in India
- Telecom organization and associations
- Basics of wireless communication
2. From 2G to 3G
- Evolution of wireless technologies
- GSM system overview
- 2G limitations
- 2.5G technology
- Evolution from 2.5G to 3G
- Why UMTS
3. UMTS Network
- What is UMTS
- Wideband CDMA
- Comparison of technologies
- GSM/GPRS 2G networks
- GSM/GPRS 2.5G networks
- UMTS network overview
- UMTS Radio network
- Interface core network and UTRAN
- UMTS key features and services
4. Service Delivery
- Radio network acquisition
- UMTS behaviors
- UMTS attach
- UMTS PDP context activation
- Data transfer Context deactivation and detach
- Voice call flows
- QoS Management
5. Circuit-Switched Scenarios
- Overview of a circuit-switched call
- Call origination and termination
6. Packet-Switched Scenarios
- UMTS attach procedure
- PDP context activation
- Establishing a packet data session
7. System Scenarios
- Radio and core network mobility
- Handovers and SRNS relocation
8. Moving Forward from UMTS
- UMTS roadmap
- 3G UMTS
- 3G UMTS – HSDPA
- 3G UMTS – HSUPA
- 3G UMTS – HSPA+
- 3G challenges
- 4G introduction